No matter your age or disability everyone should have the opportunity and capability to get up into a vertical position and move around. Adaptive equipment has come a long way and Rifton took a simple idea and created their Pacer gait trainer.
The Pacer gait trainer is designed for a wide range of clients with varying abilities. There are several sizes to accommodate youth from nine months to adults up to 275 pounds. Rifton always has the individual in mind when they design and manufacture their products, and quality is always assured.
If you live in the Baltimore MA area and you are a parent, caregiver, occupational therapist, physical therapist, or special education teacher you will want to check out the Rifton Pacer for your clients, patients, children or family members. There are many therapeutic benefits to gait training and being positioned in a vertical upright position. So let’s take a moment and review some of the benefits of gait training.
- Improved cognition
- Muscle development
- Skeletal growth and increased bone density
- Social development and integration
- Prevents contractures and increases motion
- Improves lung function
- Better circulation
- Decreased spasticity
- Lower risk of pressure sores
- Promotes a more active lifestyle
Now let’s take a look at the benefits that the Rifton Pacer gait trainer provides.
- Prompts that attach anywhere, not tools required to adjust
- Simple and easy height adjustments
- Casters with swivel lock, brake, variable drag, and one way ratchet control
- Folding frame that fits easily in car trunks and can fit through any 32’’ inch doorway
- Accessories that support posterior and anterior gait trainer use
- It is versatile, durable, and easy to use whether working with one individual or multiple
With the many benefits that gait training provides to the individual, the Rifton Pacer is the perfect option to help anyone achieve a better quality of life and improved health status. When looking at adaptive equipment to help with mobility and gait training take a closer look at the Rifton Pacer Gait Trainer in the Baltimore MA area through ADL Solutions.